Message during linking

Eric Lilja mindcooler@gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:43:00 GMT 2009

Dave Korn wrote:
>   It has started to happen now because libstdc++ is a DLL for the first time.
>  We've fixed upstream ld to enable the feature by default and these warnings
> will disappear in the next binutils release.

Ok, sounds great! And the benefits of a libstdc++ as a DLL is reduced
code size?

>   Add -Wl,--enable-auto-import to those LDFLAGS.

Is that preferred over -enable-auto-import ? Also, will the next test
release be 4.3.3 or 4.3.2?

Also, thanks for your detailed reply Dave and thanks alot for your work
on gcc! It's fun to use cygwin again with 1.7 and a shiny new gcc!

- EL