A few cygwin issues, mostly for 1.7

Thu Mar 19 17:29:00 GMT 2009

On 03/19/2009, Chris Mirchandani wrote:
> 2) Could the setup.exe version be posted on the web site?

We used to do this but then we got all sorts of posts to this list which
showed that people didn't understand that this was the version of the
'setup.exe' program and not the version of the Cygwin package.  So the
version of the 'setup.exe' program itself is now only shown when you
run 'setup.exe'.  And as Corinna has pointed out, 'setup.exe' will
alert users when there is a new version available so knowing the
version isn't necessary in most cases.

Holliston, MA 01746