PING: Deprecation of -mno-cygwin.

Mon Mar 23 05:55:00 GMT 2009

    Ho there gang.  Over on gcc-patches, Kai has posted a patch to add some
documentation for the i386 cygming subtarget options.  See the thread at:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-03/threads.html#00994

  I asked him if he would add a note mentioning that -mno-cygwin is
deprecated, and anyone who wants to review the patch or suggest wording for
the deprecation warning is invited to pitch in to that thread.  (In
particular, should we describe -mcygwin as being deprecated too, or should we
say that it will become the always-on default setting, but not actually
removed, since we might want to retain the positive form as a permitted no-op
flag to aid backward compatibility with old makefiles that use it?)

    cheers,
      DaveK