[1.7] wordexp()/wordfree() missing?
Corinna Vinschen
corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Mon Mar 23 13:21:00 GMT 2009
On Mar 22 20:26, Ren? Berber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using Cygwin 1.7.0(0.193/5/3), there is /usr/include/wordexp.h but the
> functions defined there are not in a library (they belong to libc).
>
> Do I need a ?-development package? The comment at the end of the
> wordexp.h file is strange, it says you need bash... what has that to do
> with a library?
The library functions call bash to perform some actions. Don't ask
me for details, I never used that stuff. Which is no wonder given that
I didn't even know that the functions are available in newlib. I've
just applied a patch to CVS to export them from Cygwin 1.7.
Thanks,
Corinna
--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list