'less': <HOME><END> not working with 'mintty' > v0.3.6

Lee D. Rothstein l1ee057@veritech.com
Wed Mar 25 17:57:00 GMT 2009

 >> \e[1;2A back-line   # <UP-ARROW>
 >> \e[1;2B forw-line   # <DOWN-ARROW>
 >> \e[5;2~ back-screen # <Shift>/<Ctrl>+<M_Wheel_Back>--Scroll page bck
 >> \e[6;2~ forw-screen # <Shift>/<Ctrl>+<M_Wheel_Forw>--Scroll page frw
 >> \eOH goto-line      # <HOME> -- Beginning of input
 >> \eOF goto-end       # <END> -- End of input
 >> --
 >> And, yes, I remembered to compile with 'lesskey'.
 >>
 >> NONE of the above work.
 >>
 >> Am I missing some other magic beans?

 > - Is the TERM variable set to something other than xterm?

Yes, on Cygwin 1.7, I've since fixed that.

Now, mouse wheel stuff works fine. Thanks.

However, while <HOME> works, <END> generates:

   ESCOF

on the bottom command line and doesn't change the rest of the
screen. If I then type <Ctrl>-C (required to allow keyboard input
to be accepted, at all, at this point), and then, <END>, and
<HOME> both work.

So, we're not out of the woulds [sic] yet. ;-)

 > - Is the 'Modifier key for scrolling' on the 'Keys' page of the
 > options set to something other than 'Shift'? If so the number 2 in
 > the keycodes needs to be replaced with 3 for Alt or 5 for Ctrl.

No. AOK.

 > - Do you invoke less with any additional options that might influence
 > this, e.g. through an alias or the LESS variable?

$LESS is null; no aliases.

Thanks, again, so far. ;-)

Lee