problem with pthread.h

Dana danav@cs.iusb.edu
Thu Mar 26 16:33:00 GMT 2009

I have the same problem with or without -I in the command line. The thing
is that I did the command
grep "pthread_attr_t" sys/*.h
while being in /usr/include, and it came up empty.

Furthermore, I had an older version of cygwin from a few months back which
had the said type in the file types.h, but which caused the other
incompatibilities I mentioned. I updated cygwin only two days ago and the
new file types.h that was installed didn't have that type in anymore.

I noticed that this problem of missing type is inherent to the MinGW
version of the g++ compilers, and that the newest version of cygwin seems
to use those tools instead of their own g++.

Could you indicate perhaps a mirror site that you know has the correct
version having the type? I will try to uninstall cygwin and install it
again from scratch.

Dana Vrajitoru