More: [1.7] packaging problem? Both /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib/ are non-empty

Fergus fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Tue May 5 06:23:00 GMT 2009

> Just noticed that after the recent unison upgrade there exists a file
>     /usr/bin/unison
> Also just noticed (but this must have occurred a while ago - 30/03/09
> maybe, the date of a TeX upgrade?) that there now exists a directory
>     /usr/lib/texmf/
> with deep non-empty subdirectory structure.
> Is it the case for [1.7] that both /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib/ should be
> empty as for [1.5]?
> Possibly the texmf/ packaging issue has been corrected in subsequent
> upgrades and so /usr/lib/texmf/ can be deleted without compromising
> functionality; but I think the appearance of /usr/bin/unison is very new.
> Fergus

And again: following the recent upgrade to rxvt-unicode there are now 3
"real" files in /usr/lib/ being

C:\>attrib m:\usr\bin\*
A  S         M:\usr\bin\urxvt
A  S         M:\usr\bin\urxvtc
A  S         M:\usr\bin\urxvtd

(As you perceive, these are all links: in fact to files of the same name
in /etc/alternatives/. There are identical links in m:\bin\.)

No such problems arise from the recent upgrade to rxvt-unicode in [1.5].

Attached: cygcheck.srv.out.

Fergus