[ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-47

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed May 6 15:35:00 GMT 2009

On 5/6/2009 11:33 AM, Dave Korn wrote:
>   Maybe it would suffice if we put some kind of visual indication in the
> chooser that there were excluded packages?  Say we added a dummy entry at the
> end of the list that couldn't be clicked on and that just said
>
>     [ ... more packages filtered out by search string ... ]
>
> in italics or something like that?

That sounds like a good idea to me.  That way a person could choose the
partial view, be warned that there are more packages being installed,
and still have the search string available if they want to continue
using it.

I only made the comment because the mailing list is full of complaints
from people who accidentally update packages.  It would be a shame if
this improvement to setup.exe were to lead to more people having such
problems.

Ken