2 questions about fonts

Hugh Myers hsmyers@gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:37:00 GMT 2009

I've a great many postscript fonts installed under Windows XP--- is
there a way to acquaint cygwin of these?

How are font names resolved for lpr? For instance in a non cygwin
situation, I might have a line in a postscript file such as:
/BriemMono findfont 8 scalefont setfont (typeset these words) show.
This runs without problems, I'd like to be able to do something
similar using cygwin (obviously using cygwin installed fonts). I am
somewhat clueless here, hence these questions. Thanks for any help...

--hsm