emacs 23 (was: insert-directory function in Gnu emacs returns nil)

Marc Girod marc.girod@gmail.com
Wed May 13 17:05:00 GMT 2009

Ken Brown-6 wrote:

> (insert-directory "/tmp" "-la")
> total 657
> drwxrwxrwt 1 kbrown-admin None      0 May 13 11:57 .
> drwxr-xr-x 1 kbrown-admin None      0 Apr 14 11:07 ..
> -r--r--r-- 1 kbrown       None     11 May 13 11:02 .X0-lock

In fact, even when it produces something, it is not correct!
I don't get the normal 'long' output, just more or less an 'ls -1'

> Please let me know if it works for you (apart from possible BLODA
> issues).

I downloaded and extracted everything, checked that I have all
the prerequisites in the setup.hint files.

Now, I just dump the files where they are expected?

Marc