system shared memory version mismatch

Phil Betts Phil.Betts@ascribe.com
Mon May 18 12:41:00 GMT 2009

Polon Tang wrote:
> When the problem appears, the error seems to complain about
> cygwin1.dll version mismatch.
[snip]
> Is this a know issue? Is there any patch available to cure? Please
> help. Many thanks.

This is almost certainly because you updated cygwin without first
terminating ALL cygwin processes.  This includes any services you
have started (I suspect you have cygserver running, but your version
of cygcheck is too old to confirm this).  You will have been warned
that in-use files were replaced, and that you would need to reboot.
That warning is there for a reason ;-)

Phil
--

This email has been scanned by Ascribe Ltd using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.