emacs -nw keypad, tpu-edt.el, and C-h

Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org
Fri May 29 15:19:00 GMT 2009

> Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 18:10:51 +0100
> From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail.com>
>
> rxvt: invoke with -backspacekey DEC
> xterm: invoke with -xrm "*backarrowKey:false" (or untick "Backarrow
> Key" in the "Main Options" menu)
> mintty: Choose ^? as backspace keycode on the "Keys" page of the options
>
> As far as I know, it can't be changed in the Cygwin console,
> presumably because Windows sends ^H for backspace to applications
> running in the console.

That seems to be false, as evidenced by the native Windows build of
Emacs running on the "Command Prompt" console with the -nw switch.
Typing "C-h l" after several backspaces shows that Windows sends
<backspace> to the application, not C-h.

However, I'm not a Cygwin user, so perhaps the "Command Prompt" window
is significantly different from what you call "Cygwin console".
Apologies if so.