Cannot access Samba share; cannot rebuild cygwin1.dll

John Berger john@widescreen.org
Sun Nov 1 18:37:00 GMT 2009

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:31:04 +0000, Andy Koppe wrote:
 >I think John was referring to the Samba-related fix talked about here:
 >
 >http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg101874.html
 >
 >That isn't in a release yet, but I see there's a new snapshot at
 >http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/ that should contain it.

THANK YOU, Andy!  That's exactly what I was looking for!  (I saw the
snapshot link, too, but it just didn't click in the wee hours of the
morning...)  I can access my file server again, although there does
seem to be a performance hit through Samba for some reason.  That's
fine for now because I backup my home server when I go to sleep, so I
won't see the performance hit anyway.  I'll make sure to download 1.7
when it's official.

For what it's worth, this is the first panic-making problem I've
encountered with Cygwin in years.  Can't say the same thing about Microsoft.

Do you need to know more about the black bars on your TV?
Visit the premiere Internet site for widescreen information!
http://www.widescreen.org