Cygwin 1.7 perl build problems.
Reini Urban
rurban@x-ray.at
Fri Nov 6 13:51:00 GMT 2009
Larry W. Virden schrieb:
> Hello. I am using the Cygwin 1.7 (beta) environment. Within Cygwin, there is a version of perl 5.10.0.
>
> I fetch the Tk module source, extract it, cd into the Tk-804.028 directory and type the following:
>
> $ perl Makefile.PL
> Cannot find '/usr/lib/perl5/5.10/i686-cygwin/CORE/perl.h' have you installed /usr/bin/perl?
> Compilation failed in require at Makefile.PL line 37.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 39.
>
> lwv27@PC89067 ~/.cpan/build/Tk-804.028-n8BLky
> $ ls '/usr/lib/perl5/5.10/i686-cygwin/CORE/perl.h'
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.10/i686-cygwin/CORE/perl.h
>
> Is this a problem that anyone recognizes and has identified a solution?
>
> I checked the Makefile.PL file, and it has normal Cygwin line endings.
>
> I have tried one other install - that of a newer version of the CPAN module, used to fetch source from the perl community module repository.
> It too fails, but in a rather more peculiar manner:
> $ /bin/perl Makefile.PL
> Unable to find a perl 5 (by these names: /usr/bin/perl.exe perl.exe perl5.exe perl5.10.0.exe miniperl.exe, in these dirs: /home/lwv27/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/X11R6/bin /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Perl/bin/ /cygdrive/c/NTSA/Bin /cygdrive/c/NTSA/4NT /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Activestate Tcl/8.4.10.1/bin/ /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32 /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem /cygdrive/c/i386 /cygdrive/c/Program Files/ATI Technologies/ATI.ACE/ /cygdrive/c/NTSA/Bin/ /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Rational/common /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Rational/ClearCase/bin /cygdrive/c/casnc/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1/BIN/ /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Hummingbird/Connectivity/Accessories/ /cygdrive/c/Program Files/QuickTime/QTSystem/ /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/DMIX /cygdrive/c/Products/apache-maven-2.2.1/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin)
> Writing Makefile for CPAN
>
> $ /bin/perl --version
>
> This is perl, v5.10.0 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int
> (with 6 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
>
> Copyright 1987-2007, Larry Wall
>
> Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
> GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.
>
> Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
> this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl". If you have access to the
> Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.
>
>
> So in one case, perl says it cannot find itself, and in the other case, perl says it cannot find one of its headers that is present.
I posted the attached patch for Tk-804.028 in February 2008 to this list
to build Tk under cygwin. I believe the svn version at
https://svn.perl.org/modules/Tk/trunk has this already.
It builds fine, but there's still a known problem with the
unix-eventhandler. I'll fix that when I have time.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Tk-804.028.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 3970 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20091106/9208052f/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list