1.7 file permissions changes

Eric Benson eric_a_benson@yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 01:50:00 GMT 2009

> Without more details I hazard a guess: The Windows process creates the
> directory without permissions for you to delete the directory or files
> in that directory and you're running under UAC.

Yes, this turns out to be true. I disabled UAC entirely and now my program works.

Is there a better way to share file and directory creation, modification and deletion between Cygwin processes and ordinary Windows processes, such that disabling UAC is not required? Some combination of umask and/or chmod on the Cygwin side with FileSetAttrib in Autoit (roughly equivalent to SetFileAttributes in the Windows API)? There is only one Windows user involved. As a Unix hacker I am somewhat mystified by this behavior.