win7 specific probs; examples; and poor solutions

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle@verizon.net
Sat Nov 21 06:13:00 GMT 2009

On 11/20/2009 06:24 PM, Linda Walsh wrote:
> Andy Koppe wrote:
>> 2009/11/20 Linda Walsh:
>>> Some things are obviously not cygwin related. But sometimes it seems
>>> like cygwin isn't able to see files that I can see there with explorer.
>>
>> We'd of course need concrete examples for this.
> ----
>
> I'd love to give you examples, but unless I am sure that it is cygwin
> that has the problem, I'm not going to put something on here. I did
> mention, that my 'rash' of problems may have to do with Win7 begin flakey
> in some way, OR 'linda7' i.e. _me_, having broken something or not
> understanding how something works. I also mentioned that most of my
> problems on win7 DO NOT happen on my XP machine. So that indicates it's
> either win7 specific, OR my configuration on Win7 isn't as detailed nor
> setup as well as my XP setup which is several years old.

If you are not willing to post an example, whether you are sure it's a Cygwin
problem or not, so that someone else could try it on their Windows 7 system and
possibly answer your question, then stop whining and don't bother posting here.

;)