[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: {terminfo/terminfo-extra/termcap}-5.7_20091114-3

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sun Nov 29 19:37:00 GMT 2009

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Eliot Moss wrote:
>> The new termcap causes my xterm to segmentation fault.
>> When I back out just the termcap line of this update
>> in cygwin setup, xterm fires up fine.
>
> Sigh. I think I know what the problem is. The fix is simple, but...
>
> Some of the terminfo entries require more than 1KB to represent in
> termcap format.  I was using 'tic -T' to "go ahead and use it anyway".
> Looks like I can't get away with that. I'll investigate and roll a new
> release.
>
> BTW, how are you invoking xterm? What shell?

It is started as part of my .xinitrc, so bash I guess. I could not
see the actual error there. I see the segmentation fault then I
try starting an xterm from an rxvt window (running bash). This is
with X started. With the working termcap, saying "xterm" in the
rxvt window creates an xterm window within the X window, as expected.

Best wishes -- EM