R: Segfault with call to pthread_mutexattr_init under GDB

Nicholas Sherlock n.sherlock@gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:44:00 GMT 2009

Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Da: Nicholas Sherlock
>> This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-mingw32"...
>
> Have you tried the cygwin gbd ?
>
> $ gcc-4 -o prova prova.c
>
> $ gdb prova.exe
> GNU gdb 6.8.0.20080328-cvs (cygwin-special)
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /tmp/prova/prova.exe
>
> Program exited normally.

Whoops! I thought that I *was* using Cygwin's GDB, but it turns out that
I forgot to reinstall it last time I refreshed my Cygwin installation.
I've been using MinGW's GDB without ever realizing it.

I've now installed Cygwin's GDB, where it works perfectly.

Thanks!
Nicholas Sherlock