sshd / VC builds / Fatal Error C1902

Wed Oct 21 02:09:00 GMT 2009

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>  Reformatted.

On 10/13/2009 05:40 PM, Egerton, Jim wrote:
> [...]

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Don't feed the spammers.  They'll
come back to bite you.  Thanks.

>>> The gist is that cl works from Windows, but dies with:
>>>
>>>      Fatal Error C1902: Program database manager mismatch;
>> please check your installation.
>>>
>>> when invoked from a ssh session using a different account
>> than the account sshd is running under.
>>
>> My first reaction to that would be to check that your PATH
>> variable is correct, especially if you have multiple versions
>> of Visual Studio installed. I've seen that message while
>> using one version of cl.exe, when PATH points to a different
>> version of mspdbsrv.exe.
> Thanks for the suggestion.   The path is the same with bash from Windows
> and bash from a ssh session.   I think this problem has come up before
> and it was related to the sshd impersonation.   As others have noted, a
> work around is to ssh in as the same user sshd runs under, but that makes
> things messy when multiple users want to share the server.

So are you saying that one of the two new ways in 1.7 for pub-key authentication
doesn't solve this problem?

<http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd2>
<http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd3>

Holliston, MA 01746