"Permission denied" on /usr/bin/sh when running gmake with multiple jobs

Thu Oct 29 08:23:00 GMT 2009

On Oct 28 14:39, John Daintree wrote:
> My scripts are located on /cygdrive/j which cygwin has auto-mounted from my
> J: drive, which I'd previously (using Windows) mapped from our SAMBA server.
> I've experimented with acl/noacl but that seems to make no difference, and
> to be honest, I'm sort of guessing a bit.
>
> I also thought I try mapping the relevant drive directly (ie //devt/files on
> /cygdrive/j) to remove the intermediate use of "J:", but I can't find out
> how to prevent cygwin from automatically mounting all my drives.

The /cygdrive mounts are always automatic.  If you want to mount the
path manually, use another directory like, say, /home/devt-files or
something.  See
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

Corinna

Red Hat