"Permission denied" on /usr/bin/sh when running gmake with multiple jobs

John Daintree johnd@dyalog.com
Fri Oct 30 08:56:00 GMT 2009

Hi Corinna,

I was using a "gmake" not the cygwin "make", and that was generating the
windows path. I've moved over to the cygwin supplied make and fixed up all
the relevant environment variables. No windows paths anymore but I'm still
getting the permission problem.

None of the scripts are created dynamically.

I'd tried strace before, but didn't really know how to interpret the output
or locate the relevant bits. (is there an article that describes the
output?)

I've run the make again under strace and posted the output of both strace
and make (I couldn't find how to have the output of both go to the same
file) to www.johndaintree.com/index.htm. Would it be too much to ask that
you take a look?

Thanks for your help,

john.