ln -s symlink question
Dan Kegel
dank@kegel.com
Sun Sep 6 12:39:00 GMT 2009
Hi folks,
I'm adding support for hidden and system attributes to Wine
to support cygwin's symlinks. The following questions
are not wine-related; I'm doing my testing on vista.
If I look at /bin/vi with both dir in cmd and ls -l in cygwin, I see
that it's a non-.lnk symlink, i.e. dir shows it as an 18 byte
system file, and ls -l shows it as a symlink.
But I can't seem to create that style of symlink with ln -s.
If I do
ln -s a b
and then in cmd do
dir b*
I see a 333 byte non-system file named b.lnk.
What's going on? How can I create the other style of symlink
with ln -s?
Thanks,
Dan
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list