How to deploy Application compiled with QT3 in Cygwin to Windows?

Danilo Turina danilo.turina@alcatel-lucent.it
Mon Sep 7 12:05:00 GMT 2009

Pok Wilson wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have successfully compiled my GUI Applicaton using QT3 in Cygwin.
>
> May I know how can I deploy this Appliation in Windows?
>

> As it requires a X server to run QT3 in Cygwin, when I try to run the application.exe in Windows platform, I get the message "Cannot Connect to X Server".
>
> I can run my Application in the X server.
>
> I hope to be able to run my Application.exe without having connect to X server in Windows so that it can be deployed to Windows platform.

You can't, sorry.

Being Cygwin a Unix emulation layer, you should treat your application
as a Unix one: could a GUI Unix application QT3-based run without an X
server? No.

If you need to run your application in Windows you have not to make it a
Cygwin application but, instead, a "real" Windows application and
user/link the Windows version of QT3.

> Thanks,
> Wilson

Ciao,