[RFU 1.5 and 1.7] subversion-1.6.5-1 and -2

Thomas Plank tplank@gmx.at
Wed Sep 9 17:33:00 GMT 2009

David Rothenberger (daveroth@acm.org) wrote:

[subversion]
>> For me it seems that you have compiled it on your own.
>> Did it work for you out of the box?

> I apply about 13 patches to the upstream sources to create the package
> for Cygwin.

Horrible! What a pitty, 1.5.6 worked without any patches ...

> My first hint is to use the binary packages I provide for Cygwin instead
> of compiling it yourself.

Done.
Thanks for providing!

> If you want to
> compile it yourself, I suggest downloading the source package I provide
> and following the directions in
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/subversion*.README. The source package also has
> all the patches I apply if you're only interested in that.

I don't feel like doing that work for now.
By the way: is it Cygwins's fault or have they (subversion's programmers)
changed so much in relation to socket.h (?winsock2.h?)?

Thanks for the reply,
Thomas