Normal/expected behavior or should I submit a cygdump?

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Tue Sep 15 08:47:00 GMT 2009

when I create my password and group files with mkpasswd and mkgroup,
they put me in a group "513" -- and call it group 'None'.  Yet I am
 in Users, and Admins -- and have no group none listed in my group list.

However, I've just recently noticed that 513 is the end of the well known
SID (RID?) builtin for Domain Users -- and my machine is attached to
a domain (though cygwin doesn't seem to be able to read them for some
reason (likely some server misconfiguration)...but.  But if it is known
that '513' is associated with Domain Users, why does cygwin put in 'None'?

Is this just my machine or is this expected/normal behavior??

I'll submit a dump if it is just me...(a cygcheck dump, that is...)...

-l