[1.7] recursive /cygdrive problem

Shaddy Baddah helium@shaddybaddah.name
Wed Sep 16 15:45:00 GMT 2009

Hi again,

Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> The following is an example for 1.7:
>
> Shaddy@x-vista ~
> $ cd /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin/
>
> Shaddy@x-vista /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin
> $ ls ./cygdrive
> c  d  e
It has occurred to me that this wasn't the optimal example, as it does
not eliminate a problem with the cd command. Take two is more revealing:

Shaddy@x-vista ~
$ ls /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin/cygdrive

Shaddy@x-vista ~
$

ie. no problem without the cd command. To eliminate bash builtin cd
being a problem (not that it really would/should), here is some python:

Shaddy@x-vista ~
$ python
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Dec  2 2008, 09:26:14)
[GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
 >>> import os
 >>> os.chdir('/cygdrive/c/software/cygwin')
 >>> os.listdir('./cygdrive')

So what gives with the chdir implementation? Oh, and I originally ran
into the problem trying to run du against the subdirs, not find. However
the problem presents with find as well of course.

Regards,
Shaddy