cygdrive prefix

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Sep 16 16:16:00 GMT 2009

Vincent R. wrote:

> Ok I see your point but I find it weird to complicate things by adding
> /cygdrive.
/cygdrive is just the string of characters the coder implementing that
code choose to use. Be thankful. He could have choose
/ThisIsThePathIWantedToUseToIndicateWindowsDrives! ;-)
> Maybe some people are crazy enough to create folders with one letter
> at filesystem root
There's no insanity required to decide to create a folder at the root of
the drive that contains only one letter. *YOU* just think that doesn't
make sense while others think it does.
> but that's not my case so typing /c means I want to access C drive
Sorry it doesn't work that way but you can make it work that way as
David points out.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?