Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

Dave M dindenver@yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 21:57:00 GMT 2009

Hi!

  I am following this:
http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html
  And I am to the part where I am testing ssh with the following command:
$ ssh localhost -l test@localhost
Test is a local account and a member of the local admin group.

  I am using the following:
Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP2
cygwin DLL v1005.25.0.0

The sshd.log file is empty.
  I am not sure what else you need to help me troubleshoot this.
  I have re-installed this multiple times, this is the closest I got to getting this to work.
  My goal is to setup sftp between my Mailgate appliance and this server. Mailgate is going to use the following info (and no other):
Server Name:
Server Port:
Server Path:
User Name:
Key:
Key Password:
(optional)
  So, I am not even sure if I need to get this password to work, but I don't know any other way to test this.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave M