Subversion svn fails silently after updating Cygwin
Chris Cormie
cjcormie@gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 05:50:00 GMT 2009
Hi,
This is my first post to the Cygwin mailing list: hello everyone!
I updated Cygwin today via setup.exe and Subversion ceased working:
$ svn status
$
ie no output whatsoever regardless of what command is given to svn
including --help.
Reproduction is easy:
1. Install Subversion (currently at 1.6.5-1) found in the Devel category.
2. Open a Cygwin shell
3. $ svn
At step three correct output is:
svn: warning: '.' is not a working copy
or Subversion control status, depending on whether
your home directory is under Subversion control.
I hadn't updated for several months so a dozen or so packages were
updated. As far as I know setup.exe doesn't keep a log so I can't tell
you which packages got updated. My current system state is attached.
I've tried reinstalling Subversion and all of the packages it depends on
(but not all of the packages those packages in turn depend on.)
ie reinstalled
cygwin libapr1 libaprutil1 libdb4.2 libexpat1 libintl8 libneon27
libsasl2 libserf0_0 libsqlite3_0 zlib subversion
Problem persists.
Is this a general issue that needs to be investigated or specific to my
install?
Cheers,
Chris
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheck.out
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20090926/a3b6a5fa/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list