cygwin can't find any path data after Vista Service Pack 2 upgrade

John simmons strannik@strannik.com
Mon Sep 28 23:48:00 GMT 2009


On 09/28/2009 06:12 PM, John simmons wrote:

    Shortly after updating vista to service pack 2, Cygwin broke.  It can't
    find anything. The bash shell launches to /cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin. No
    commands work, except for pwd and cd. If I invoke env by ./env (the only
    way it works) I get:
      


<snip>

    I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall but have the same problem. I
    used to have /home/strannik as a home directory. I could go back to that
    or use the C:\User\strannik, but I can't figure out how to get either one.


    Any idea what could have gone wrong, or what to look for? 


I'd recommend starting here:

    Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html 


Seeing chycheck output as described in the above link should be helpful.

cygcheck is attached.

Thanks

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheck_out.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20090928/bcd5ced6/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple


More information about the Cygwin mailing list