Where's ash.exe in 1.7.0?! (trying to rebase 1.7.0 in Win7)

Ed Gaines elg476@gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:45:00 GMT 2009


I'm just installed Cygwin 1.7.0 on Windows 7.  I use BitDefender 2010, 
so I know I have to rebase
the cygwin.dll file (at a minimum).  However, I have 2 questions:
1) Where the heck is ash.exe?  the rebase-3.0.1.README file still says I 
need to run rebaseall from
within ash, but I couldn't find it in the cygwin 1.7.0 setup options, 
and of course, it didn't install on
my system.  What subsystem was I supposed to install to get ash.exe?
2) If I can't locate ash.exe, is there any reason I can't run rebaseall 
from within the Windows
command shell (cmd.exe) as per the instructions from BitDefender below?

Thanks!

-- Ed


<------------------------------fromBitDefender----------------------------->
In order to solve the Cygwin issue, please follow the steps below:
1. Temporary disable AVC (BitDefender->Antivirus->Advanced Settings, 
uncheck AVC).
2. Make sure all cygwin applications are closed.
3. Open a cmd line and enter the following :
     cd c:\cygwin\bin
     copy cygwin1.dll
     cygwin_orig.dll
     copy cygwin1.dll cygwin_tmp.dll
     rebase -b 0x35000000 cygwin_tmp.dll
     copy cygwin_tmp.dll cygwin1.dll
4. Reenable AVC (BitDefender->Antivirus->Advanced Settings, check AVC)

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list