cygwin qt port- do I have to apply patches or something?

Thu Apr 1 02:32:00 GMT 2010

On 3/31/2010 9:54 PM, mike marchywka wrote:
> On 3/31/10, Larry Hall (Cygwin)<reply-to-list-only-lh SYM cygwin SYM com>  wrote:
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  No reason to feed the spammers.
Thanks.

>> On 3/31/2010 7:48 PM, mike marchywka wrote:
>>> I went ahead and applied the patches and configure at least
>>> seems to run. I just assumed the patch files were for reference,
>>> shouldn't the source be patched when downloaded or is there
>>> a reason for this ( or do I have a larger fundamental problem and
>>> applying these patches just lets configure run longer)?
>>
>> When patches are included you can assume:
>>
>>     1. The original pristine sources from upstream are included.
>>
>>     2. Any patches provided need to be applied to the pristine
>>        source to get things building for Cygwin.
>>
> ok that's fine it seems to be building but I ran into the function pointer
> problem that I mentioned in other build and none of the patches
> apparently fixed it so I just changed it.

Of course, if there's a cygport script there, you shouldn't need to worry
about any of this.  Just run it.  See:

<http://cygwin.com/setup.html#package_contents>

Holliston, MA 01746

A: Yes.