rsync.exe without socket pairs

Eliot Moss jeliotbmoss@gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 16:39:00 GMT 2010

> On Apr  1 11:05, Eliot Moss wrote:
>> http://www.cs.umass.edu/~moss/rsync.exe
>>
>> This solves the spin/hang issue that I was seeing with certain
>> large files transferring via ssh from my Windows 7 64-bit
>> laptop.
>> [...]
>> Of course we all hope the underlying bug will be found and
>> fixed eventually, but this workaround has helped me and some
>> others for the time being ...
>
> Of course, if nobody having this problem dives into the code and
> performs some actual debugging(*), it's unlikely the bug will ever
> be found...

I understand -- but it's a kind of rare thing, not easy to
develop a test case. It does seem to have to do with some
call indicating there are no bytes available to be read when
in fact there are, at least from my reading of the various
threads on the topic. Maybe I'll have time to work on it
eventually, but not for a while ...

Regards -- EM