cygintl-8.dll was not found

wefwef wefwef fromblewit@gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 11:08:00 GMT 2010

I have downloaded the cygwin with all the defaults, plus a few extra
packages to a local directory, then copied this to another machine and
installed. - (Thanks to those who helped to get a minimal install, it
is now 80 MB)

I am getting the error message: cygintl-8.dll was not found, when I
click on the cygwin icon on the desktop.

I have looked for this on the forums, and it seems to be quite a
common occurrence, and the advice usually seems to be, go and get the
missing dll and install it by hand. Well of course I could do this,
but I'm slightly worried about what else may be missing - it doesn't
increase my confidence in cygwin. It appears to be a bug in the
installer, perhaps what is needed is for the installer to verify that
the package contains what it is supposed to contain.

Does anyone have a solution to this, other than go and get the missing
file? - I need an reliable installation process that works.