NFS server/exports - exported path with embedded spaces is not successful

Wed Apr 7 01:14:00 GMT 2010

On 4/6/2010 4:50 PM, D O Newbold wrote:
> Attempts to export a directory fail when the directory name includes
> space characters.
> I've read the man page and find no clarification on the embedded space
> case.
> I don't know if this is a bug or just a shortcoming.

The nfs-server package has been orphaned for years; it hasn't been
updated since 2006 (in the cygwin-1.5.21 era). Frankly, I'm amazed that
it still works at all.

Now that cygwin-1.7.x has built-in support for the XDR routines (used by
RPC, and hence, NFS), I've created updated versions of the rpc libs and
utilities -- but I haven't yet posted them for public consumption (they
still need a little work, especially the rpcbind daemon which replaces
the old portmapper).

Then...later...somebody might be able to (re)port a newer nfs-server and
adopt it.  /That/ probably won't be me, however.

--
Chuck