MySQL client, prompt, redux

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de
Thu Apr 8 07:24:00 GMT 2010

"Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net> was heard to say:

> What do you mean by "local server"?  If you mean a Win32-native
> server, that case is clearly noted in the mysql Cygwin README.  If
> you mean the mysqld which is provided by the Ports package, further
> discussion thereof would be welcome on the cygwin-ports-general list.

I'm sorry I wasn't explicit enough here. The problem occurs if I
connect to a Win32 mysqld. I don't use the Cygwin mysqld at this time.

I thought I'd mention this limitation because people may try the
Cygwin client and go like "great, this !#**# doesn't work either" if
they are not aware they have to use the -h option in this particular
case. This was not intended to create the impression something's wrong
with your port.

regards,
Markus

--