How to uninstall Cygwin/X (only)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree@gmx.de
Fri Apr 9 07:35:00 GMT 2010

Am 09.04.2010, 07:31 Uhr, schrieb Christopher Faylor:

> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 04:07:32AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 09/04/2010 02:52, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm.  I wonder if a quick-n-dirty way to "fix" this is to add a
>>> right-click context menu to the spinner, so that you can directly
>>> choose
>>> "Uninstall" without traversing the entire cycle.  Rinse and repeat on
>>> all the items you want to remove...
>>
>>  I am writing a patch to add a right-click context menu to the spinner
>> :)
>> more news in the next couple of days.
>
> As long as you're doing that, how about just getting rid of the spinner
> entirely?  IMO, it's an unusual construct.  It would probably be better
> to have a pull-down box or something.

While we're at (m)uttering desires, I'd like to propose - which may be
more work - keyboard usability. It'd really be nice if I could just hit
[-] (uninstall), [+] (install or keep), and trigger reinstall (possibly
with r or !). Let's not force users to even more rat-moving and
rat-ear-stroking.

--
Matthias Andree