Bash window restoration after man in MS Vista.

Tom Axehult tom.axehult@glocalnet.net
Tue Apr 13 07:55:00 GMT 2010

I have a Bash window problem in Vista ( in most recent status ) running
Cygwin 1.7.5.

If I run the man command from a Bash prompt (created using the default
Cygwin icon), 'man' works
fine but after quitting, the bash window is not restored but shows
merely a prompt ( at expected
line ).

The same command run from the Bash window created in the DOS Command
prompt works fine and
quits restoring the window content preceding the man command.

This behaviour has been present for months. My guess is that Cygwin or
Vista upgrading in the
period is the reason. I have no memory of having manually edited
specific environment variables for
Windows or Cygwin in that time.

I would appreciate to hear from a more proficient Vista user who not
have this inadequacy with recent
updates, most valuable of course if having applied some fix against the
behaviour I see.

Best regards,
Tom Axehult