Problems with paths.

Thu Apr 22 01:40:00 GMT 2010

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>

> Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html # using-pathnames
>
> I accessed the site: http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html #
> using-pathnames and looked at how the ways in cygwin.
>
> Then go to: cygpath http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html #
> That site says the cygpath converts the paths automatically.

"The cygpath program is a utility that converts Windows native filenames
  to Cygwin POSIX-style pathnames and vice versa."

There is no mention of "cygpath converts the paths automatically".  If you
want/need to use it, you must invoke it.

> If it does it automatically, what's wrong? Why GCC does not compile?
> It returns this error message and aborts?
>
> Can anyone help me?

The easiest way to solve your problem is to do what the message says,
in the order of (Cygwin's) preference:

   1. Use POSIX path syntax.
   2. Set your CYGWIN environment variable to nodosfilewarning.

A third alternative, very close to the second, is to ignore the warning.
As long as it works for you, alternatives 2 and 3 are basically equivalent
functionally.

Holliston, MA 01746