ImageMagick shared libraries missing?

Thu Apr 22 04:04:00 GMT 2010

On 4/21/2010 11:17 PM, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

> After updating through setup, the montage and convert binaries
> complain of missing shared libraries.
>
> $ montage
> /usr/bin/montage.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> $ convert
> /usr/bin/convert.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> How do I fix this?   Is there any other package that needs to get
> installed for the new  version.  The previous installed version was
> working fine.

'cygcheck montage' and 'cygcheck convert' should tell you the missing DLLs.
Then use <http://cygwin.com/packages/> or 'cygcheck -p /bin/foo.dll' to
find the package to install.  If I had to guess, I'd say you're looking
for the libImagemagick1 package if you're just missing the ImageMagick-
specific DLLs.

Holliston, MA 01746