[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cabextract 1.3-1
Thu Aug 5 13:25:00 GMT 2010
Version 1.3 of cabextract has been uploaded.
cabextract is Free Software for extracting Microsoft cabinet files,
also called .CAB files.
See http://www.cabextract.org.uk/ for more details.
Since the last cygwin release (1.1), the following changes were made:
* "-t" option: Allows you to test that every file can be extracted
without having to extract it to disk. This also prints the MD5
checksum of the file.
* UTF-8 filenames are now decoded correctly.
* Large files (>2GB) are now searched correctly for cabinets.
* Bugs in all decompressors have been fixed. This includes fixing an
infinite loop caused by a carefully crafted MS-ZIP archive.
* MS-ZIP recovery has been improved. You will now get data from
within a bad block, up to the point it turned bad.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin