dash dash?

Nellis, Kenneth Kenneth.Nellis@acs-inc.com
Fri Aug 6 13:22:00 GMT 2010

Attempting to do some housecleaning and uninstall packages
I no longer use,  I attempted to uninstall dash, but Setup
informs me that it is required by rebase. Wouldn't bash or
the Bourne shell be a more appropriate choice? Sure,  dash
is smaller than either,  but efficiency isn't critical for
an application such as rebase.

I then ran "man dash" and found two places in the man page
that use the Unicode MATHEMATICAL LEFT/RIGHT ANGLE BRACKET
(U+27E8/27E9) symbols. These symbols probably don't render
properly on most folk's systems, so IMHO are a poor choice
of symbols to use in a man page. In an example, it shows:

    lf foobar ⟨return⟩

--Ken Nellis