Opening .n extensions

Nicholas Sherlock n.sherlock@gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 08:54:00 GMT 2010

On 8/08/2010 7:23 p.m., Luetta wrote:
> [..] When my phone said the files were too
> large and was unable to open the files I downloaded them to my computer to
> open.  Windows said it needed to go to the internet to obtain the program to
> open the file.  I went onto the web and no programs, [save expensive file
> extension repair] were to be found.  When I looked up the extension, every
> listing had the '.n' extension as yours.  I have attached one of the files so
> you can see it.  It has been checked for viruses.  I apologize again for my
> ignorance.  I did not know who or where else to ask.  Thank you in advance for
> your Job like patience and understanding.

That file does not contain an image, it is only 168 characters long
which is far too small to have a useful photo in it. It seems to contain
a pointer to a website where you can download the image from, but I
don't know the format of the .n file so I'm unsure of the correct link.
It will probably be a format specific to that particular cell provider
and understood only by their phone software. It looks like the image is
supposed to be visible at:

http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672/m1?4q4rdk4Z_/w4~u9Z4~~~4kc3KHRukT

But the server just returns a "file not found" error. Either I didn't
figure out the link format correctly, or the image has now expired from
the server.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock