Cannot run psql under Cygwin

Clement, Sebastien Sebastien.Clement@RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Aug 11 16:23:00 GMT 2010

Okay, many thanks Larry.

I forgot to mention I was using the MinTTY console.
It works when I use the regular Cygwin console.

I found that:

Sébastien
------

On 8/11/2010 11:57 AM, Clement, Sebastien wrote:

    When I try to run psql (eg. psql -U myusername -d mydb) from Cygwin, it freezes.
    When I run it from the DOS console, it works fine.

In that case, you need to run Cygwin's bash from a console (i.e. use
'cygwin.bat' as provided by 'setup.exe') and run 'psql' from there.
See the 'tty' option for the CYGWIN environment variable in the Users
Guide for more details:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html>

Holliston, MA 01746