Mode dependent cursor shape lost in cygwin Vim in a Windows console

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 16:26:00 GMT 2010

On 13 August 2010 14:22, JOHNER Jean 066030 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please do the following:
> 1/ Start a standard cmd console
>   Launch Windows Vim (C:\Program Files\vim\vim72\vim.exe) with
>   vim -u NONE file1
>
>  Result: file1 opens with a block cursor. If insert mode is activated,
> the cursor changes to underscore (nice)
>
> 2/ Launch cygwin.bat
>   Launch cygwin Vim with
>   vim -u NONE file1
>
>  Result: file1 is opened with an underscore cursor. No change when
> insert mode is activated.
>
> Is there a way to have mode dependent cursor shape in Cygwin Vim in a
> Windows console?

No, but I'm sure a patch implementing the DECSCUSR control sequence
using SetConsoleCursorInfo() would be welcome. (Copyright assignment
required.)

http://vt100.net/docs/vt510-rm/DECSCUSR

Andy