cygwin 1.7.6: find skipping over some directories on NTFS mount points

Rolf Campbell rcampbell-cygwin@dragonwaveinc.com
Wed Aug 18 22:50:00 GMT 2010

I have an 2nd NTFS disk mounted in a directory in my primary NTFS disk.
  When I use 'find' (with no arguments), it only displays a small
fraction of the files in the current directory.

Using cygwin 1.7.5, it displayed about 100,000 files.
Using cygwin 1.7.6, it only displays the content of the first top-level
directory and then just stops.

I tried out all the snapshots and narrowed it down to "20100618".  It
worked correctly in "20100614" and does not work correctly in "20100618".

If I mount the disk as a normal drive and access it using "/cygdrive",
it displays all 100,0000 files with both 1.7.5 and 1.7.6.