cygwin 1.7.6: find skipping over some directories on NTFS mount points

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Thu Aug 19 16:30:00 GMT 2010

> Hmm, digging through Cygwin's readdir code, I have a vague idea.
>
> Eric, does find honor the struct dirent d_type flag?  I'm wondering
> if d_type is erroneously set to DT_REG for some reason.  If so, we
> could find this out by augmenting the debug output in the Cygwin DLL.

find (but not oldfind) relies heavily on the d_type flag.  If that flag
is incorrect, it could explain why find gets lost.  Could you repeat the
experiment with 'oldfind' and see if that behaves better?