cygwin 1.7.6: find skipping over some directories on NTFS mount points

Fri Aug 20 12:00:00 GMT 2010

On Aug 19 18:11, Rolf Campbell wrote:
> On 2010-08-19 13:05, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >For further testing purposes I have uploaded a new cygwin1.dll which
> >
> >a) adds debug output in readdir() which prints DOS attributes as well as
> >    evaluated d_type value for each readdir entry to strace, and
> >
> >b) which is heavily tweaked to try harder to get a useful d_type value
> >    without compromising speed.  The patch is attached, for the records.
> >
> >Rolf, please try the following Cygwin DLL:
> > [...]
>
> It still fails in the exact same way.  I attached strace output.

Thanks for the new strace.  After some more experimenting I was finally
able to reproduce the issue.  The other problem you reported, about df(*),
lead me onto the right track.  I've checked my changes in to CVS.  For
testing I provided another test DLL:

  http://cygwin.de/cygwin-ug-177/new-cygwin1.dll.bz2

  (md5sum compressed   3a354b276e1506548bf382620ef26e82)
  (md5sum uncompressed 605c25c83ba9cd32bcebe77b7dfec99c)

Thanks,
Corinna

(*) http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-08/msg00611.html

Red Hat