kernel32.dll breakage (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.7.6-1)

Chris Sutcliffe ir0nh34d@gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 19:51:00 GMT 2010

>>> Chris [Sutcliffe], can we please revert this change for now?  It breaks
>>> building Win32 apps, if the link order prefers kernel32.a over advapi32.a.
>> Done.
> Thanks.  Are you sure that only CreateProcessAsUserW is affected?

In a word, no.  I'll have to go through the file function by function
checking against the other def files...... sigh.
>>> In theory, shouldn't the gendef script drop symbols from kernel32.def
>>> which are defined in advapi32.dll?  That would fix the problem, afaics.
>> That would be ideal, but I'm not sure what the capabilities of
>> gendef are in this respect.
> I'm curious, where is that gendef script?  For some reason it isn't part
> of the w32api sources in CVS.  Wouldn't it make sense to check it in as
> well?

Nope, it's already part of Cygwin:

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=gendef%2Fgendef-1.0-svn2931-1&grep=gendef.exe

Cheers!