Strange "SET" (pseudo-) command output

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Mon Aug 23 02:25:00 GMT 2010

On 8/22/2010 5:51 PM, Andrew Bogorodsky wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'd install cygwin  under Windows Vista
>
> 01:41 [Lenovo G550@BlackBoard ~] uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.0 BlackBoard 1.7.6(0.230/5/3) 2010-08-16 16:06 i686 Cygwin
>
> All is fine except an output of SET command. It outputs some SETs as
> it is expected but floods some sources after them. You can see full
> dump of it:
> $  set>  t.txt

> What can be wrong, friends?

Nothing's wrong.  Typing "set" by itself to bash causes it
to print out all the current bash function definitions. The
ones you are seeing may come from the bash completion package,
which loads quite a few functions to assist with customized
completion for more than a few commands ...

Regards -- Eliot Moss